Friday, November 1, 2013

Garage Haunt 2013

Here are some pictures from our very first garage haunt :)  The props were super-low-budget.  They were made using large card-board boxes from Home Depot and some tempera paint.  The two-dimensional look gave this haunt the feel of being in a cartoon, which was super fun.  A lot of people do scary haunts, but I really wanted to do one that would be fun for the kids in the neighborhood.  Spooky, but not scary...sort of like Disneyland's Haunted Mansion.  My husband built the fence and the candy shack out of wood and then I painted them using latex paint.

Another thing that was really important was the lighting.  I wanted it to glow with spooky lighting, so we strung orange lights all over the walls, the fence and the candy shack.  Usually I really hate it that businesses start putting out Christmas stuff so early, but this year, I lucked out finding a green spotlight to cast that eerie glow behind the candy shack...









2 comments: